CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 7, 2010

A day in the life of...

I received some wonderful cards in the mail today from a swap I joined. It was a humor swap and a red diva swap. These swaps are really neat. You create a set of identical cards, let's say 5 +1. So 5 of the same cards to distribute and an extra card for the swap host(ess).  Here is one set of cards I created for the humor swap. I created two sets, one was a toilet and the sentiment was : I hope everything comes out ok...



Anywhooo, I received the cards back from this swap and I was finally extremely impressed with the quality of cards returned to me.  Some of them made me laugh so hard.
Some of the other cards I made the week I sent these ol' ladies off was this pair for a children's burn unit at a hospital one of the SCS'ers is associated with: And this red thank you card. It actually had a butterfly attached just below the thank you panel but I didn't get a picture of it before I mailed it off.

Other than receiving the package of return swap cards, I didn't have much else happen today. I had class at the Red Cross, completed a few assignments, made homemade split pea and ham soup (yummy) did two loads of laundry, washed the kitchen floor, and now I'm updating my blog (yeah me!).

I think I might try to make a card or two before bed, just to help me relax. I thought about what my blog contained yesterday and even though it may seem mean, it was my opinion. It was my raw feelings laid out in black and white. I feel unappreciated in this situation. I have a right to my opinion just as anyone else does. If someone chooses to differ in opinion, then we differ. That is how it is... that is how it is going to be... I'm ok with it. I do see how it could seem blunt but you know what, it was blunt. Like I said, it was pure raw emotion.

Sometimes in life we are way too involved in our own situation that we fail to realize how much our situation is effecting others. Sometimes I end up the affected and I wanted to express that. No wrong in that. Nothing is wrong with having an emotion and expressing it. Nothing!

So now that I have that off of my chest I can go on and create something beautiful. Wonder what I should create? Guess we'll find out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment