CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Welcome to my 30- Something Life

I have never seen anyone’s first post on a blog, so I’m not sure how someone usually goes about putting their business out there. I’m a 30 year old mother and wife and my family has been severely affected by the downturn in the economy. Current options for better paying jobs are limited, so I decided to continue my education and add a few gold stars to my resume and future job applications, by obtaining a college degree. My husband and I own a home, or are trying to continue to own our home. We have been in a battle with our mortgage company for over two years, and are currently waiting to hear if the county judge takes away our address. The process has caused me to wonder exactly what dummy is running the show, but right now we are at his or her mercy.

Our family is more of a modern family. My husband and I have an 18 year gap in ages and we each bring a child to our marriage. He brings an adult son, who by the way is only a few years younger than I am, and I bring a pre-teen boy. We have been married since 2001 and have since added a daughter-in-law and a grandson. Yes, it does feel weird to have a grandson at the age of 30, but it felt odder when he was born and I was 26. My parents are just a few years older than my husband, and sometimes they communicate better with each other than they do with me. I was one of three growing up however one of my brothers chose the wrong path in life and he passed away in 1994.

I gave birth to my son in 1998 about 6 weeks after my 19th birthday. His father and I did not see eye to eye on many things in life including criminal activities. I was left to raise a baby, at 19, without his father’s assistance. Deciding to have the baby was something I would never change, but if my future would have imitated a straight road prior to having him, it has become a complicated interchange system since. I have grown up a lot over the last 11, almost 12, years and could consider myself an adult.

During my first 30 years I have learned many things. One thing is for sure: the more people and items in your life, the more drama in your days. I started this blog because so much is happening in our lives right now and having the possibility for someone with similar experiences to offer advice or support is a resource my family and I need.

0 comments:

Post a Comment