CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A little bit of quilting

My grandma, whom we lovingly refer to as Great is a quilter. Not just one of those "I'll try it out" kinda quilters, but a hard core quilts every day kind of quilter. I miss her and don't see her often enough. so I thought she needed a little bit of card love. I created this beauty using the GinaK Nana's needlework set designed by Nina Bracket. This set is just awesome and with a bit of creative stamping, the possibilities are endless.


This was created using the stamps just as intended, inked them on a starzon pad and watercolored both the quilt and the shelf. I used my pixie sewing machine to sew down the bg panel that was a RAK from Carol. I rubbed the embossed bg with a whisper pink ink pad. Finished the card with a pretty button and a few dots in the corner.

THEN I GOT CREATIVE
I thought this shelf looked like it needed something on it. Why else would someone put up a shelf... so I created this:



This is the same Ginak set. Except this time I used a zig marker to ink the parts of the quilt I wanted to stamp, the squares and stitching. Then I stamped the flower image on the quilt blocks. The quilt was popped up from the card using foam tape. I used the sketch challenge from http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/


This card was layered.

I stamped the shelf 3 times and cut out the pieces. One is the entire shelf, another is the top and the sides, and the third is just the top of the shelf. I layered it all together with foam tape. Then I stuck the shelf and quilt on the card. The shelf looked bare, so off to the stamp drawers I went. I found this stamp I purchased years ago from Michaels in the dollar bin, the vase with flowers. This was stamped twice, one is the entire image and the other I cut the vase and the pink bloom from and again some foam tape. The basket of yarn is an image that came with the set and I stamped that three times also. The first is the entire image, the second is the basket and the third is just the pink ball of yarn and knitting needles. The sentiment, thinking of you, is from another ginak set (masculine sayings).

I love both cards but I think I love the second one a little more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment