CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 11, 2010

All a Flutter

This is my favorite card of the week. I try to make at least one card a day because it is relaxing. This week I decided to post my favorite. This card uses a color combo that I normally wouldn't use. This golden yellow, blue, and turquoise, is a stunning combo though isn't it. Mother nature sure knows what she is doing.

I used a stamp from Northwoods stamps and stamped it twice on white. I colored the entire image with colored pencils on one and just the large butterfly on the other. I cut the image out using my little embroidery scissors. It was a bit tedious, but what an effect! I glued the image down onto the golden yellow cs.

I cut the blue cs into a smaller rectangle to sit in the upper corner and a small triangle to sit at the opposite corner.  Then I attached the entire thing to a piece of MS card stock in the turquoise or aqua blue color. I did the stitching next, using the zig-zag around the image and a straight stitch on the blue.

Once I had the card stitched together, the other butterfly was cut out and glued onto the image by only the body. I finished the card off with a button in opposite corners.

Now, using the same MS card stock, thread, and the same Northwoods stamp I was able to create an entirely different looking card.

I used a piece of embossed cs and cut it into the triangle and stitched the pieces together. I colored the image on white cs with colored pencils just like the previous card, just different colors. I applied the entire image panel to the card and stitched around it using a fancy stitch on my pixie mixed with the a straight stitch around the outside. I used an extra large button and some two sided ribbon to finish it off. I did stick a piece of black cs that had been run through a border punch in the upper corner for interest.

I just find it interesting that using the same supplies the cards produced can be so different.

0 comments:

Post a Comment