CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Inspired by a buckle

The inspiration challenge today on SCS was this site: Frankie & Julie and we were to choose a belt buckle as an inspiration piece. I chose this buckle :  Flamenco
to use as my inspiration piece. I really wanted to achieve the same feeling as the buckle. It is made of these beautiful black flowers and speckled with gems. I adored the silver braided trim. I used this same feel and floral design to create this beautiful focal oval for my card. I heat embossed the flurish on top of the oval and under the oval. The oval is popped up on pop dots for some dimension.
That pretty little flower is made with some satin ribbon. I folded it in half, stitched the edge with a running stitch, gathered the ribbon by pulling both sides of the string and tied them together to create the gathered circle. I stamped another flower on white, cut it out, added a rhinestone to the center and glued it to the center of my ribbon flower.

Stamps from: fiskars & inkadinkado
Paper: plain cardstock
Embellishments: ribbon, rhinestones, embossing powder

2 comments:

Benzi said...

Wow! What a beautiful job with your inspiration. This is just outstanding and soooo elegant.

Michelle VP said...

Oooh, I looked at the buckles but never got around to making a card for that challenge. I totally {heart} what you did to create your card! That oval full of flowers is so pretty and I love the ribbon flower you made - I've gotta try that sometime. :)

Post a Comment