CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

teapots, fish, fairies, and ladybugs

Today is Tuesday and Mothermark hosts the teapot tuesday challenge each week. The challenge is based on one of her many teapots she collects. Lately the MMTPT (mothermark teapot tuesday)challenges have had a destination. My heart just melts when I hear about a sick kid, and it makes me so grateful that my son Alex is healthy, my step son Joe is healthy and my step grandson Jacob is healthy. I can't imagine how hard it must be for the parents to watch their children suffer from a disease. Today the MMTPT challenge was to create a card for an 8-year old boy named Dante.

Dante is suffering from cancer and just received a bone marrow from his increadibly heroic 5-year old little sister Julia. I created a fish card for Dante because he really loves fishing, and Mothermark has a fish in a basket teapot for inspiration. :D
I used a Raisin boat set for the stamps and colored them with colored pencil. I stamped the blue paper with the bubbles stamp and colored the bubbles with clear gel pen and with clear stickles to create the background paper. That fishing pole sticks out of the nestabilities die cut because I used a technique called "out of the box" this is when you trim around the things that are going to go outside of the die and you carefully feed them through the die so they don't get cut off. I do this really roughly and then once I have the die all cut out I took the time to trim around the fishing pole and line a little better with a xacto knife. I used a texture plate to add some texture to the red layer and then matted it all on orange cs before placing it on the kraft card.


For the inside of the card I used a piece of the remaining blue cs that I stamped with bubbles and stickled all up, and a piece of white cs. I stamped the fish and colored them with colored pencil very lightly. I wrote a message from my family to Dante on the inside. I sure hope he likes it. 



Dante's sister Julia was the donor for his transplant. I thought she deserved a card too. I printed this cute digital image called Lily the sunshine fairy and colored it while I was waiting for Alex to get done with football practice. I used stickles and clear gel pen to make her shine. I even added a swaroski crystal to her wand. I love this little scatter joy sentiment and Julia did just that, scattered joy. As much as she may not understand exactly what she did for her brother, she will understand when they are older. I sure hope this brightens her day as much as the story of her heroism brightened mine. The paper is from Martha Stewart playful pink paper pad and this is a double sided paper. Nestabilities to create the sentiment panel and the stamp is from inkadinkado.

Last but not least, Julia and Dante have a younger brother named Gabe. I'm not sure on his age but I would guess he is two or three. I figured he would feel left out when his brother and sister receive a card, so I used this little digi by bugaboo stamps to create this cute little card for him. I hope he giggles when he receives it. The paper is from Best Occasions punch-out pack. The buttons are from Walmart.
Thanks for taking a look and if you'd like to send a card, please visit the Splitcoaststampers teapot tuesday challenge link: For Dante

1 comments:

Michelle VP said...

I love your generosity in making cards for all 3 children so none feel left out! That is so sweet! And they're fabulous cards - too! I love the fishing pole cut out of the nestie shape and the sparkly water. And the saying and glitter on the fairy card. And that adorable boy playing peek-a-boo with a ladybug. Awesome! :)

Post a Comment