CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

maybe metal but definitely spots

I saw the CAS (clean and simple) challenge on SCS (Splitcoaststampers.com) was to use spots or polka dots when I was stalking the queen thread last night. Clean and simple is a style I like, it is uncluttered and simple in design or the amount of steps it takes to create the card. I was trying to keep from smoking, take my mind off my back, keep my spirits up, so I stood in my craft room for about fifteen minutes, just looking at everything in there. I was hoping something would just jump out at me. I decided the new swiss dots folder I purchased and some metallic card stock would make up my polka dots. But that is as far as I got with it until I went onto the bugaboo stamps site and found the freebie from friday still available. It is this rockin skelekin and I just had to use him.
I used some cs from a dcwv rockstar stack, the martha stewart silver metallic cs (run through the cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder), an inkadinkado stamp set called rockstar and a few silver star brads. This is the result and I think it's ROCKIN'!

I used a white gel pen to add some highlights to both the image and to the Rockstar sentiment.
Even though it seems like there is more than simple going on, this card took less than 20 minutes, including coloring! I did use my computer to put the shadow behind the image prior to coloring (definite time saver).

With the remaining pieces of cs I decorated the inside, along with another sentiment stamp: you rock! Here is what that looks like:

I really adore how this card came out and can't wait to send it off to someone who will love it just as much. I almost gave it to Alex tonight when he came home from 4-wheeling with the grandparents, but I figured we could save it for one of his buddies maybe. I'd love to know what you think... so leave some comment love I'd love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment